Writers on Wednesday: Eugenia Pantahos

Welcome to another great edition of Writers on Wednesday. This week I am chatting with Eugenia Pantahos, author of the brilliant cultural cookbook Greek Life ...






Tell me a bit about yourself …


My name is Eugenia Pantahos, however friends call me Jeanie. Together with my husband George, we are proud parents to three amazing daughters, Anna, Mary and Helena. I am passionate about my family and home life, and dedicated to continued learning and personal excellence. Since 2003 I’ve been employed as Manager Finance & People for a consulting practice that is based in Melbourne that provides services nationally and internationally. I am a valued member of the executive team and I very much enjoy the contribution I make to the business.  In 2014 I completed a Masters of Business Administration (MBA), and launched my self-published cultural cookbook titled Greek Life (family, culture, food).

Tell us about your most recently published book?

Greek Life is a cultural cookbook that truly celebrates the time-honoured Greek customs, culture and recipes. It is unique and inspiring and provides readers with a feast for the senses.  Greek Life commences with the Story of Family, and continues with the traditions, celebrations and classic recipes that enliven each calendar year, January to December, as well as other life events. Each section is introduced with thought-provoking philosophy and the culture and traditions are supported by beautiful full-colour photography.

Tell us about the first time you were published?

Greek Life was released as an eBook in October 2014 and a hardback in March 2015. This is my first publication, and I have been thrilled with how Greek Life has been received by my readers both here in SA and nationally. More recently I have received orders from outside Australia, and that has been simply amazing.

As writer, what has been your proudest achievement so far?

Having a vision for a high quality, timeless cookbook that celebrates Greek culture, and then to actually bring that book to fruition, as a self-published author has been an exciting journey. I have been moved by the messages received from my readers who have expressed quite profoundly what Greek Life means to them. I have been thanked with deep gratitude for bringing this book forth. I knew there was a market for my book, but I really did not expect the outpouring and sharing of love and support. I must say seeing and holding the first copy of Greek Life is a moment I will never forget. Walking into bookstores and seeing copies on the shelf facing out has been inspiring and unforgettable. The support I have received from my stockists has been wonderful, and I shall remain eternally grateful to them for embracing my book.  Importantly, being able to share the launch of Greek Life with my family and friends and to be blessed by their love and support has been a truly humbling experience.

What books or writing projects are you currently working on, if anything?

Without giving too much away, I’m in the process of mind-mapping what my next book might look like.

Which do you prefer? eBooks or Paper Books? Why?

Most definitely paper books. I always have a book in my handbag, and although I love to keep my books in excellent condition, I am known to underline inspiring or meaningful sentences.  I love spending time in bookshops and shop at my favourite bookstores in the cities that I visit, and more often than not I buy books at the airport when I have time for browsing!

Indie Publishing, or Traditional Publishing?

Having self-published Greek Life I am now intimately aware of the Indie Publishing world, and would welcome the opportunity to explore the world of Traditional Publishing. I know there is a broader market for Greek Life, as I know people resonate with the story, the culture, the recipes, the philosophy, and photography.

Aside from your own books, of course, what is one book that you feel everybody should read?

Okay..it’s the business side of me coming forth…but I would have to say The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey.

Finally … is there anything you would like to say to your readers in Adelaide, Australia?

A huge T H A N K   Y O U for the your love and support and for joining the celebration that is Greek Life!

For more information
http://greeklifestyle.com.au [order online, see stockists, read Press & Reviews]
To purchase eBook
http://www.booktopia.com.au/ebooks/greek-life-eugenia-pantahos (for iPad, PC, Mac, smartphone and tablets)
Facebook
LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppermint Patty: I Cried and Cried and Cried

Who Else Writes Like V.C. Andrews?

Phrases and Idioms: Tickets on Himself